Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The New House


This is the house that we are renting while we are in Virginia.  It's on five acres and set back from the road a ways.  We didn't get our furniture until July 7th and then we got to start the process of unpacking everything.  We ended up rearranging pieces of furniture from rooms where they used to go to fit better into this house and now everything is mostly they way we want it.

Click here for the full tour of the house.


We have also seen a lot of wildlife on the property in the first couple of weeks we've been here.  This is part of the herd of deer that roam around.  There are about 9 or so altogether.  In addition we've also seen turkeys, rabbits, turtles, woodchucks, lizards (I think they are five line skinks), a fox, and Dave and Lexi had a notable, but thankfully not memorable, close encounter with a skunk.

3 comments:

xmas said...

I'm sending down some of my necessities, please let me know when my room is ready to move into (that's the sunroom, in case you weren't sure), and I assume the deck is that gazebo like attachment? I can assure you I will be very happy there as your live-in nanny/house keeper.

Haha, this is all to say that I love it, but I especially love what you did with the virtual tour! So, so creative and entertaining (something I would have thought up ;-) My only other request, post pictures of the different details to the outside as you discover them.

beautiful!

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! What a wonderful place to bring a baby home. I'm so happy for you.

Ann said...

Wow Jenny! This is so beautiful! I must admit a little bit of space envy haha, you and Dave seem to be settling nicely though. Congratulations on the baby too! It looks like your year in Virgina is off to an amazing start. Love you!